LINKTOROW form view in specific tab

Hello everybody.

Is it possible to use LINKTOROW to open a form, immediately displaying a specific tab of the view?
I would like it to open the third tab directly.

<Image containing PII is removed by staff>

2022-11-24 12_55_57-Window.png

Is the workaround to duplicate the form view including only the last tab and link the action to the new view?

Solved Solved
0 7 269
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay thank you. You may want to consider using the INPUT() function based action. You could create an action of "Data: set the value of some columns in the row" with those three fields.

So your INPUT() function expressions for those fields will be something like 

INPUT("FATTO_ORDINE", "TRUE")

and

INPUT("PROSSIMA_ATTIVITA", "Enter text here")

INPUT("Date Column", "TODAY())

When you invoke this action from the deck view a form will open with those 3 fields something like below. The user can fill it in. 

Small Form.png

Note: INPUT() function is in beta for I think last 2+ years or so. However, it seems to work reliably though.

Edit: Added reference to the INPUT() article.

INPUT() - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

May we know from which view you wish to navigate to the specific tab in the form view?

I have a Deck view "ACTIVITY TO DO" with a bunch of tasks to complete. Here I created the "complete activity" action which
1. set ACTIVITY [DONE]=yes
2. opens the form view of that activity where the user should only fill in the last tab with information (next activity, next activity, etc..)

Thank you. Is the form view on the same table as deck view? Or a related table?

Yes. but "ACTIVITY TO DO" โ€‹โ€‹is a slice of the ACTIVITY table (the table of the form in question).

It is obtained with a simple condition:
ACTIVITY[DONE]="no"

Thank you. Will the form be on the same row as the deck view row from where you wish to invoke the action or navigate to the form view? Meaning is it correct that you wish to update the same row as the row in deck view with those 3 fields in the last tab of the form?

yes. by clicking the action on the row of the deck view, I would like it to open the form of that row where the user fills in the 3 fields (see image). I'd like (since the rest of the form is 99% already filled in) that it opens immediately on the third tab, because it's much faster and more intuitive for those who fill it out.

Okay thank you. You may want to consider using the INPUT() function based action. You could create an action of "Data: set the value of some columns in the row" with those three fields.

So your INPUT() function expressions for those fields will be something like 

INPUT("FATTO_ORDINE", "TRUE")

and

INPUT("PROSSIMA_ATTIVITA", "Enter text here")

INPUT("Date Column", "TODAY())

When you invoke this action from the deck view a form will open with those 3 fields something like below. The user can fill it in. 

Small Form.png

Note: INPUT() function is in beta for I think last 2+ years or so. However, it seems to work reliably though.

Edit: Added reference to the INPUT() article.

INPUT() - AppSheet Help

Top Labels in this Space