LINKTOROW()

Hi Everyone, 

First of all I´m not a coder just trying to improve the production performance at work. 

In the pic below what I need is the column "Status", which in the first rows is displayed correctly (I´ve copied manually the data) and in the last row is what the LINKTOROW() is returning. 

Lara_D_0-1671026388481.png

The structure of the data is divided in two separated tables "Tracker" which is updated by te tech team and the "OTs" which is updated by the sales team.

Lara_D_1-1671026537693.pngLara_D_2-1671026550047.png

And what is the core of the app is the relationship between this two tables  in "Relacion Ots con Cncs" where I can link Ots and Cncs (tracker data). 

Lara_D_3-1671026678934.png

So what I need is that the data in the table "Tracker" column "Status" is copied and if changed updated to the table "Relacion Ots con Cncs", when the value of the column Relacion Ots con Cncs[Link Cncs] is equal to the value Tracker [ID]. This is what I´ve tried:

Lara_D_4-1671026901518.pngLara_D_5-1671026916237.png

Lara_D_6-1671026927579.png

And this is what it returns:

Lara_D_7-1671026946118.png

Thank you!!!!!

Hope someone can help me!

Solved Solved
0 7 247
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LINKTOROW() is meant as a navigation LINK function - a way to transition to another view to display the row details or allow editing of the row.  It is not meant as a reference to the row in order to get access to the row column data. 

However, it looks your [Link Cncs] column in the "Relacion  OTs to Cncs" table IS a row reference column to the row you wish in the Tracker table.  If that is true, then all you need to do to assign the status is use this  App Formula:

[Link Cncs].[Status]

Once you have assigned this formula, you can easily update the other rows by opening them for Edit and simply tapping Save - no other changes.  That will fire off the newly coded App Formula to update the Status for those other rows.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

LINKTOROW() is meant as a navigation LINK function - a way to transition to another view to display the row details or allow editing of the row.  It is not meant as a reference to the row in order to get access to the row column data. 

However, it looks your [Link Cncs] column in the "Relacion  OTs to Cncs" table IS a row reference column to the row you wish in the Tracker table.  If that is true, then all you need to do to assign the status is use this  App Formula:

[Link Cncs].[Status]

Once you have assigned this formula, you can easily update the other rows by opening them for Edit and simply tapping Save - no other changes.  That will fire off the newly coded App Formula to update the Status for those other rows.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! Thank you!!! 
So simple that makes me think in all the hours I invested in trying !!

Works just fine

I´ve been testing your suggestion and we can´t get the value to update. Any thoughts?
The updated value is the first row of the column "Status" to the value "In progess" in the table "Tracker"

Lara_D_0-1671120444734.png

Is not updated in the table "Relacion Ots con Cncs", column "Status" and the rows are the 2 highlighted

Lara_D_1-1671120611965.png

And of course I can´t see it in the app:

Lara_D_2-1671120657531.png

Can you show me the column definition for the [Link Cncs] column in the "Relacion  OTs to Cncs" table?

And the expression you are using to update Status?

Column definition for Relacion OTs to Cncs [Link Cncs]:

Lara_D_0-1671125556071.pngLara_D_1-1671125589421.png

But I have a set of actiones that update this column, would you need those two?

And the columns "Status" in the same table I applied your fomula:

Lara_D_2-1671125700196.png

And in the Tracker table (the original):

Lara_D_3-1671125745401.png

Do you need something more?

It seems is work now, I´ve turned the column Status into a virtual column which updates on synching and it seems is working as I need.

Lara_D_0-1671132254700.pngLara_D_1-1671132285253.png

Status column should NOT be a REF column.  The yellow warning icons are because the values assigned are not REF values - i.e. row keys from the Tracker able.  You don't want that anyway.

I would change the type to TEXT.  Since the Status could potentially change in the other Table,  using a Virtual column here is a good choice as the Status column in the "Relacion OTs to Cncs" table will be automatically updated.

Top Labels in this Space