LINKTOVIEW ACTION SHOWING ALL VIEW EVEN RESTRICTED ONE - BUG REPORTED

I have made an dashboard as shown below :

CA_Ankur_Patida_0-1701616216584.png

and each tile is assigned to a view which opens up with an action. And each view has a show if condition like : 

CA_Ankur_Patida_1-1701616228845.png

As you can see i have given show if condition which should be satisfy before anyone having this view. But when i made an action to view this its showing without satisfying this condition. I have created action to open view as shown below :

CA_Ankur_Patida_2-1701616240003.png

I tried my best to made my point clear if anyone has any question on my query pls ask and resolve my issue.

Please help

Thank You

Solved Solved
0 2 94
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is not a bug.

Show_if on a view doesn't restrict its access, it only makes the view show up, or not show up, in the menu or bottom navbar.

What you need to do is to set up your navigation view on a slice, with a row filter condition that only displays the view records based on the user. A similar expression as you've mistakenly used in the view show_if.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This is not a bug.

Show_if on a view doesn't restrict its access, it only makes the view show up, or not show up, in the menu or bottom navbar.

What you need to do is to set up your navigation view on a slice, with a row filter condition that only displays the view records based on the user. A similar expression as you've mistakenly used in the view show_if.

Thanks Marc_Dillon,

i have done that in other app but i was wondering why showif expression is not working but you made it clear that it only work for showing up or not on menu and nav bar. 

thanks for clearing. 

Top Labels in this Space