LOOKUP feature only putting info of first line can someone help

I am using a lookup feature but I know everything looks good but when I run the form it pulls the information from the top of the data table and doesn’t actually do a lookup.

Here is my formula
LOOKUP([6 Digit Car Code], “Most Recent Status”, “6 Digit Car Code”, “Miles”)

I am typing that 6 digit car code into another line and when it does the lookup it pulls the first line in the data table. It is not doing the lookup at all.

0 5 481
5 REPLIES 5

@appteam6
LOOKUP() expression is a shortcut to ANY function and provided there are more than 1 record for the selected set, than the 1st matching value is returned. Provided you need a more specific search, I may recommend using ANY(SELECT(…) with multiple conditions enveloped with AND/OR boolean.

Also you can try with this first:

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[6 Digit Car Code], “Most Recent Status”, “6 Digit Car Code”, “Miles”)

Hey! Thank you for the help but this is still not helping with the issue.

When I type the 6 digit car code I need it to pull the data for that code. That data is updated daily so I can select a specific row because that data might not be in that specific row on the next search.

Is there any way I can share my issue with you so you can see what I am talking about.

@appteam6
You can share with levent@able3ventures.com email. App with the co-author status and gSheet with edit access please. Also tell me where to look for. Thnx.

I just added you so you can see

@appteam6
I have opened up your app in the editor. Can you tell me which table/column/expression to look at?

Top Labels in this Space