Laggy & Unpredictable on Android

I have reported the issue of laggy menus on Android to Appsheet support but it has never been resolved.

Also see the attached corrupt display it’s clearly indicates some sort of memory leak happening on an Android device.

Has anybody else experienced these issues?

You really have to test your apps thoroughly and you will find performance on Android slows down dramatically over time.

0 6 227
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

That’s a very specific diagnosis. How does the screenshot clearly indicate it?

The Screenshot is just an example of a corrupt display that happens after using the app for 15 or so minutes. you can see that is vertically separated screen with a blank space on the right.

As regards the laggy selection of menus and options I sent a detailed video to Appsheet support a while ago and they confirmed they could see the issue.

However, the issue still remains.

It does not happen when using a web browser.

I have yet to do some detail testing using an iPhone.

The reason for this post us to see if anybody else has experienced similar issues.

Once the app slows down you’ll have to to remove it from memory and start again to bring it back to its normal speed.

Looking at what I believe is your support ticket, the assigned developer is out for the holiday. You might expect troubleshooting to resume in the new year, I’m guessing.

Hopefully

One thing to keep in mind is that the individual performance of each app is entirely dependent on the device.

I’ve seen things like what you’re showing in your screen shot;

• ultimately (in my case) it was due to the fact that I had a very large app (with lots of complicated formulas, lots of data, etc.) and I was running the app on an older device with not so much room left on it.

Ultimately this is something that the Devs will need to address how the app handles cache, when it’s doing what calculations, etc. - all that stuff is highly balanced out, but sometimes things like this happen.

Bahbus

No issues on my Pixel 4.

Top Labels in this Space