Larger Counter Buttons

Hello! I am working on a scouting app for FIRST Robotics Competition. Essentially, this app is used by robotics students to track robot performance at events. This is the fourth iteration of my app, and I want to make some major improvements. I have been able to figure out most of what I need, however, I am stuck on one thing. 

surfnacho_1-1673651400758.png

I want to make those +/- buttons larger. I have tried many things, and can't find a solution. Essentially, kids end up missing the "+" button when watching a match and either don't count, or they subtract from a team's score. I really just want a better +/- field. 

I would love for it to be like this >

surfnacho_2-1673651551938.png

But, rather than being a yes/no, it is a counter.

Thanks!

0 2 84
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Would using a detail view along with action buttons work better?

TeeSee1_0-1673660030672.png

In addition to detail view approach mentioned by @TeeSee1 , if the number range is not very large  and small such as  10 to 50 steps, you could explore, range option or slider option with number columns. However the slider obviously does not work well in user friendly way , if the number range to input is too high such as 1-100 or more because resolution of each step gets too small for the user to quickly adjust to the desired number.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1673669591490.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1673669743144.png

Top Labels in this Space