Launch Appsheet for multiple users

Hi guys

I'm brandy new to AppSheet. I have a vb.net project (with google sheet database ) for sales management, when trying to find the way to create an order system, I found AppSheet. I create a simple form to get orders from customers. But I wonder how this application works.

For example: If I sell the order system App Sheet app to company A. The company A has the right to access to the app and set up their own database. But when the company A share the app for their customers, will that be possible to restrict company A's customers to only see the form to order, not to see the database?

I'm sorry if my question confuse you but I don't actually understand how the app works after launch

Any answer will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance

Solved Solved
0 2 102
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Duong wrote:

But when the company A share the app for their customers, will that be possible to restrict company A's customers to only see the form to order, not to see the database?

Yes, customers would be given only the app link to run on their mobile phone, tablets or desktops.  They would have no access directly the the datasource - whether that be a database or a spreadsheet used as the datasource.

Furthermore, in the app that is built,  there could be forms to enter/edit data and views to look at the data.  You can limit the visibility of any of these forms or views to any of the customers as you need. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Duong wrote:

But when the company A share the app for their customers, will that be possible to restrict company A's customers to only see the form to order, not to see the database?

Yes, customers would be given only the app link to run on their mobile phone, tablets or desktops.  They would have no access directly the the datasource - whether that be a database or a spreadsheet used as the datasource.

Furthermore, in the app that is built,  there could be forms to enter/edit data and views to look at the data.  You can limit the visibility of any of these forms or views to any of the customers as you need. 

Many thanks for you rapid answer.

Could you please tell me where can I learn how to do this?

Top Labels in this Space