Less than/more than table filter returning rows out of bounds

Hi there! Iโ€™m working on a less than/more than filter for a slice of data. It works to some extent but will return results outside of the parameters of the filter. My equations look like this:

AND(

IF(ISBLANK(ANY(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterBeforeDate])), true, ISNOTBLANK(SELECT([Related Calendar Events][Connected Case],DATETIME([Start])<=DATETIME(SELECT(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterBeforeDate],true)),true))),

IF(ISBLANK(ANY(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterAfterDate])), true, ISNOTBLANK(SELECT([Related Calendar Events][Connected Case],DATETIME([Start])>=DATETIME(SELECT(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterAfterDate],true)),true)))

)

What Iโ€™m trying to do is return the entire slice if both the [CalendarFilterBeforeDate] and [CalendarFilterAfterDate] are blank. If one or both are not blank, then return the rows with related calendar events with [Start] datetime before or after values in the Dashboard Filter columns.

If I use the filters independently it appears to work fine. But if I put values in both the [CalendarFilterBeforeDate] and [CalendarFilterAfterDate], the Iโ€™m returned slice values that arenโ€™t between the two column values.

Any suggestions as to what Iโ€™m doing wrong in my equations?

Thanks in advance!

Justin

1 5 133
5 REPLIES 5

Thereโ€™s a lot to say here

ISBLANK(ANY(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterBeforeDate]))

Basically says choose any single row and see if this is column is blank. So you need to make sure that there is only 1 row in the Dashboard Filter table

Next you have:
DATETIME([Start])...
and
DATETIME(SELECT(...
Which implies these arenโ€™t DATETIMEโ€™s but your forcing them to be. Not sure why your not just using the date. Since I assume that Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterBeforeDate] is a Date

Finally you have:
ISNOTBLANK(SELECT([Related...
In which your asking if a list is blank. This can sometimes give unusual results. Try this instead:
COUNT(SELECT([Related ...)=0

Simon@1minManager.com

Hello @Wallace_Service, to add to what Simon said, thereโ€™s also:

You could just remove the SELECT() since youโ€™re returning all rows anyways.

I have attempted to simplify your expression with the following, please read the considerations I made afterwards:

IF(
AND(
ISBLANK(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterBeforeDate]),
ISBLANK(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterAfterDate])),
TRUE,
COUNT(
SELECT(
Dashboard Filter[Related Calendar Events][Connected Case],
AND(
[Start]<=[calendarRef].[CalendarFilterBeforeDate],
[Start]>=[calendarRef].[CalendarFilterAfterDate])
)=0)
)

CONSIDERATIONS

1- Since youโ€™re checking for related calendar events, there must be a reference back to the parent table, replace [calendarRef] with that columnโ€™s name.

2- Using the <= and >= operators for comparing dates that might or might not be blank yields the correct logic result (Not sure if this actually happens)

3- The [Start] , [CalendarFilterBeforeDate] and [CalendarFilterBeforeDate] columns are correctly configured as the same date setting.

Thanks @Rafael_ANEIC-PY and @1minManager!

I think weโ€™re getting closer. One other consideration is that the Dashboard Filter is a slice of the โ€œUsersโ€ table which filters the โ€œCase Infoโ€ table. The [Start] column is part of the Google Calendar table. So, essentially Iโ€™m using the dashboard filter to filter related Google Calendar entries to only show Case Info rows between certain calendar dates.

Does this make any difference to the equation above. I think the logic works but Iโ€™m not sure if my references are correct. Iโ€™m still getting some invalid filters errors.

Hi guys, thanks for the help so far. Iโ€™ve having a hard time getting this going still. Hereโ€™s what I haveโ€ฆ

IF(
AND(
ISBLANK(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterAfterDate])),
TRUE,
COUNT(
SELECT(
Case Info Database[Related Calendar Events][Connected Case],
AND(
[CalendarRef].[Start]<=[CalendarFilterRef].[CalendarFilterBeforeDate],
[CalendarRef].[Start]>=[CalendarFilterRef].[CalendarFilterAfterDate])
)=0)
)

There is something wrong with my SELECT statement. Iโ€™m trying to return Case Info Database rows with Related Calendar events between the CalendarFilterBeforeDate and CalendarFilterAfterDate. [CalendarFilterBeforeDate] and [CalendarFilterAfterDate] are part of the Users tabel. The [Start] column is part of the Google Calendar table. The [CalendarRef] is a Ref column in the Case Info Database pointing to the Google Calendar table. The [CalendarFilterRef] column is a Ref column in the Case Info Database pointing to the Users table.

Iโ€™m getting an invalid filter condition error when saving but I canโ€™t see the issue as this statement is part of a bigger AND statement and the actually issue cuts off the error message.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try this:

ISNOTBLANK(
  SELECT(
    [Related Calendar Events][_ROWNUMBER],
    AND(
      ISNOTBLANK([Start]),
      OR(
        ISBLANK(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterAfterDate]),
        (DATE([Start]) >= ANY(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterAfterDate]))
      ),
      OR(
        (DATE([Start]) <= ANY(Dashboard Filter[CalendarFilterBeforeDate]))
      )
    )
  )
)
Top Labels in this Space