Licences (AppSheet Core)

KJT
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I have a question about licencing, the best way is to describe it in an example:

Bob has two companies, BLUEcompany and GREENcompany. Each of them has its own Google Workspace Business Standard account  with integrated AppSheet Core licence.

BLUEcompany has five employees (or Google Workspace users):
ann@BLUEcompany.com, mark@BLUEcompany.com, peter@BLUEcompany.com, lucy@BLUEcompany.com and bob@BLUEcompany.com.
All of them use BLUEappsheetapp ( appsheet core licences are included in Google Workspace).

GREENcompany has three employees (or Google Workspace users):
ivy@GREENcompany.com, george@GREENcompany.com and jack@GREENcompany.com
All of them use GREENappsheetapp (appsheet core licences are included in Google Workspace).

My questions are:
1. Lucy from BLUEcompany needs access also to GREENappsheetapp in another Workspace.
Can Lucy from BLUEcompany use GREENappsheetapp with her "blue" Google Workspace licence ? Are licences for Workspace users valid also in another Workspace or just internally ?

2. An external accountant Mary needs access to both appsheet applications. She doesn't have a Workspace account, so for each appsheet application Bob needs to order 1 Appsheet Core licence, correct? Or is it better to add Google Workspace user ?

Solved Solved
0 2 135
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All app users outside of the domain need an additional Core license.. and it doesn't matter if they are part of another Workspace organization or not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I think your best option here to get a definitive answer is to contact AppSheet Support directly.

I believe the email is:
appsheet-help@google.com

Alternatively, you can always try your hand through the following link:
https://support.google.com/appsheet/gethelp?hl=en

I highlight Appsheet because when it comes to anything that is considered specific, the Google support team will hand you over to the correct department at AppSheet anyway.

Hopefully somebody here can chime in and give you an exact answer that you need, but seeing as the licences are issued via Workspace, rather than within AppSheet itself, it does add an extra layer.

I may be completely wrong here, so please somebody correct me if so - but my understanding is:

If somebody is only viewing/using an app, then applying their licence as a "full licence" through workspace may not be the best approach. If you add them as a "Guest User" or through the AppSheet editor, they could use their same email to access both apps, even if the App is situated in seperate accounts.

The downside to this, however, is that the user fee will be charged on both apps - which is most likely the expected functionality.

With the implementation of Google Workspace being able to assign AppSheet licences, it does add some confusion as to who is then responsible to be the paying party as the user charge is on a "Per master account / user" basis.

Praying somebody can clarify this for me too, because this could mean that a lot of publishers could save quite a lot of money if I am incorrect.

All app users outside of the domain need an additional Core license.. and it doesn't matter if they are part of another Workspace organization or not.

Top Labels in this Space