Licences for one Creator and several users for differents App

Hello,

I'm a little bit confuse with the licences.

I'm programming some App for my customer. It's always an different App for each Customer because it's programmed following their needs.

For example I created 5 Apps for 5 differents customers.

How many licences do I have to buy?

=> 1 for me and 5 for my customers?

OR

=> 5 licences for me (because 5 Apps) and 5 for my customers? (In this case, I stop with AppSheet !)

I can buy the licences for my customer and send an invoice afterwards?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Solved Solved
0 6 210
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If each row in the Usage column is a different app that you have deployed, and each user of that app is unique, then you would probably be charged for 8 licenses. But if the same person used all 5 apps and one person only used 3 of the apps, you would only be charged for two licenses. You should need the number of license per unique users, regardless of the number of deployed apps you have.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

For example, another question, with the print screen below, how many licences do I have to pay if all the apps are deployed?

=> 2 licences?

=> 8 Licences?

Monkeyjacob_0-1643236550088.png

If each row in the Usage column is a different app that you have deployed, and each user of that app is unique, then you would probably be charged for 8 licenses. But if the same person used all 5 apps and one person only used 3 of the apps, you would only be charged for two licenses. You should need the number of license per unique users, regardless of the number of deployed apps you have.

Thanks a lot for your answer. In this case, it will be only two licences ๐Ÿ˜‰

I haven't done any client work, but I would imagine that you would want to do work on your client's AppSheet account. So they would pay for how many users that use their app, including yourself. Where I work, we have a special email address that is the "owner" of all of our AppSheet apps and the development team is added as co-authors. So if your client doesn't have anything to do with AppSheet yet, part of your work would probably be to set up an account that you can give them owner access to and set yourself as the coauthor. Also, if you don't deploy the app you can have up to 10 free users. But there are some limitations on features.

The co-authors doesn't have to pay some licences?

Co-authors require licenses just like owners and other users do if the use the app. You only need licenses for the number of active users per month. So if no one logs in with the "owner" account to the apps for one month then you don't need a license for the owner.

Another reason we set it up our structure with an admin owner is because we have Google Workspace licenses that give a certain tier of AppSheet licenses for free. 

Top Labels in this Space