Limit Data to X number of records

Hello All..

Thank you all for your help so far.

I have another challenge.  I would like to limit my "base data" (i.e. the data that all of my other slices are based on) to a certain number of records (say the top 100 based on Submission date).  I am guessing that the place to do this is the "Security filter" formula (screen shot below).  Would anyone have an idea what how that formula would be written?

RoryF_0-1644150341132.png

Thanks,

RoryF

0 6 132
6 REPLIES 6

Seems that the filter CAN be used to limit the number of records to load (see here).

However I am curious about your reason to limit the number to any 100 (yes, date filtering makes sense). 

Since you are not very specific what rows can be loaded except for the date condition, I can propose one approach.

Use the MINROW and Date to get the least row number of the date. then select rows between the MINROW-Rownumber and MINROW-Rownumber + 100.

Perhaps other community members can suggest even better approaches..

Thanks for the reply.

It is for a demo app, and I don't want all the data to be loaded as it might grow quite large over time.  Hence the (somewhat arbitrary) limit.  

I will give it a go and see how it works out...

Regards,

RoryF

A security filter expression cannot reference its own table, so it is not possible to use MINROW() or MAXROW() to compare entries of the same table in a security filter expression.

For this particular case, I would suggest simply implementing a date filter, like only loading rows from the last 7 or 30 days.

Welcome back @Steve 

Yes, nice to see @Steve back.

Thanks @Steve 

Still a great deal to learn about this platform..💦

Top Labels in this Space