Limit Users to defined input only. How?

Hi All,
I’m on a sales app where I want to prevent some of the features like creating new product or editing in the product list. And want to give the same Previllage to my store people for add up new and prevent them in editing novices created by sales team. Above is a screenshot for your clear understanding and looking forward your expertise solution on this. TIA

Regards,
Tanzil

0 7 544
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You can control these features by modifying the corresponding actions in Behavior > Actions in the app editor.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your great feedback. Would you mind to give a elaboration. Actually I am not having any options under Behavior>Actions to limit access to certain portion of my apps. Looking forward to hear from you soon on this. TIA. Thanks

These actions are system generated and they are probably hidden at this moment. Check the option “Show system actions” from the bottom of the Actions page.

It really worked.!! Thanks Steve and Aleksi. You just made my life easy. Hats off. Would you guys please advice how to convert the unique ID into Numeric from existing system default letters please. Also is it possible to do the same as per my given start point and then it will continue automatically i.e. K012345… K012346 something like this. The current value is showing as per below screenshot FYKI. Thanks once again for for your greatness.

2X_6_69e445163d904a83c74cbdf2fb147611d09b19de.png

If more than one user is going to use your app there is a good chance that you will have duplicate numbers if they are using the app at the same time. Is that going to happen?

Yeah!! There will be more than one users for the app. Also I am facing issues when I am going to insert an additional column into the existing template. All relationships going abnormal. Like I wanted to insert a column to identify from which salesman the order has been generated and from which location the customer is from (LatLong) but everytime i am making change showing Error Message. Actually I am new without having prior knowledge to Coding. Thus might facing lot of issues for simple things. :Looking for your kind support ahead. Thanks

When you added a new column to your spreadsheet, have you regenerated the column structure?

Top Labels in this Space