Limit dropdowns based on grandparent table

Hi community!

I have three tables

Order, Order Details, Fulfillment Details

Order and Order Details are quite self-explanatory being quite a common use case.

Fulfillment details is meant to capture all the details regarding when a line item has been delivered.

Naturally, the hierarchy is Order (grandparent) -> Order Details (parent) -> Fulfillment details (child)

As of now, the process is to open an order, open the order detail and then add a fulfillment record for that order detail item. However, we may be able to fulfill multiple items at one time, so manually going and updating every single order line item might be a tedious task.

I want to make it easier, by being able to add a fulfillment record for an order directly, and when the user clicks on the add button when they are in the detail view of order table, they should be able to see the order details ref only for that particular order for which they are adding a fulfillment record. How can I do that?

For example:
Order 123 has items A,B,C,D with order quantity as 100 for each item. Suppose I fulfilled A = 50,B = 20, C = 30 

Right now, I need to open order 123, open the order details column for A,B,C, and D individually and click on add fulfillment record.

I want to open order 123, add a fulfillment record straightaway and then be able to choose an item A,B,C, or D which is there in that order only.

I have the following schema:

Orders:

Paras_Sood_0-1656377980594.png

Paras_Sood_1-1656378007477.png

Order Details

Paras_Sood_2-1656378121939.png

Paras_Sood_3-1656378158677.png

Fulfillment Details

Paras_Sood_4-1656378182264.png

Maybe I need to add a valid if column for order details ref in the fulfillment table? Can't wrap my head around this.

0 3 67
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In Fulfillment, set the Valid If for Order Details ID to:

[GrandparentID][Related Order Details]

Note that there is no period between the column references (][, not ].[)

Thanks for your response, Steve but it doesn't work as expected. I get an error if I do not include the period between the column references.

Paras_Sood_1-1656468389755.png

Please see screenshot below of when I test this expression (with the period).

Paras_Sood_0-1656468339622.png

Whoops! Yes, there should be a period between them! What was I thinking?!

Top Labels in this Space