Limit number of rows shown in a slice

I have two very large tables with approx 10K rows in each. One is the main table and the other is for extra data. 

Users wok on the main table data but can add more from the second table by using an action to copy a row and delete the original.

As i have lots of users and rows i want to limit the number of rows they can use the action on so they aren't waiting for 1000 edits to be saved to the sheet. Is there a way to do this with a condition on the action?

Alternatively I can limit the number of rows they can see in the slice the action is attached to. How can I do this?

I have tried TOP and Orderby but they don't reult in a yes/no. I need the expression for "is the row in the top 20" 

Thanks

Phil

0 1 316
1 REPLY 1

@Phil_Waite wrote:

As i have lots of users and rows i want to limit the number of rows they can use the action on so they aren't waiting for 1000 edits to be saved to the sheet. Is there a way to do this with a condition on the action?

I would attempt to do this by keeping a count for each user.  Once it reaches a certain number then disallow the action.  How is the big question.

@Phil_Waite wrote:

Alternatively I can limit the number of rows they can see in the slice the action is attached to. How can I do this?

You need to use IN() as part of your Slice filter expression.  something like this:

IN([This Row ID], TOP(Select(...), 20))

Top Labels in this Space