Limit people who can add to Public app

FatLou

I have a public app but I only want one person to be able to add content. Is this possible? The app is for a Studio to announce upcoming specials/events etc. So I only want the studio owner to be able to add content but I want the other users to be able to view it. Since the app does not require sign in I cannot use USEREMAIL(), could I use UNIQUE_DEVICE #?

It would be ideal to allow all user sign in but that gets fairly cost prohibitive pretty quickly as the user base increases.

Solved Solved
0 4 213
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Correct, it can change, though unlikely to for typical mobile users. Probably more likely with web users. Still, thatโ€™s your only option if you have only a single app and arenโ€™t using user login. A common work-around is to have two apps: the public one, and another for administration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks, but it seems that the Unique Device ID can change therefor this may not be the appropriate option. What do you think?

Correct, it can change, though unlikely to for typical mobile users. Probably more likely with web users. Still, thatโ€™s your only option if you have only a single app and arenโ€™t using user login. A common work-around is to have two apps: the public one, and another for administration.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks Steve.

Top Labels in this Space