Limit simultaneous sign-in from multiple devices for each single user

Dear Appsheet Community, 

I would like to limit the number of devices from which every single user of my app can sign-in. 

I would like each user to be able to use my app from one device only at a time. 

Is there a possibility to do that ? 

Thank you in advance for your insights, 

Best regards, 

Solved Solved
1 3 818
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet apps do not interact with the data sources in real-time. Instead, all of the data is copied to the user's device, and the user interacts with the copied data. When a sync occurs, the changes to the copied data are sent back to the data source. Once saved to the data source, those changes become available to other users of the app. Because of this behavior, there is no way to know who is interacting with the data or when, until the changes are sent to the data source.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Majeed, there's no way to do that at the moment, since we don't have any tools that show us how many devices each user is using at any given time.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet apps do not interact with the data sources in real-time. Instead, all of the data is copied to the user's device, and the user interacts with the copied data. When a sync occurs, the changes to the copied data are sent back to the data source. Once saved to the data source, those changes become available to other users of the app. Because of this behavior, there is no way to know who is interacting with the data or when, until the changes are sent to the data source.

The only idea that comes to my mind for you to know if they are using more than one device (Idk why this would be useful) is to have a email and device column on the tables.

Email would have an initial value of:

USEREMAIL()

Device would have an initial value of:

CONTEXT("Device")

CONTEXT() | AppSheet Help Center 

Then you could COUNT(UNIQUE(Table[Device])) for each Email.

Also AppSheet has a limit of 5 devices per user, I hope that is helpful in your case

Top Labels in this Space