Limit users to their own data

I have read the section on this (Limit users to their own data), but I cannot work out how to implement this in my own app.

I have a table which should be visible to all users, only two of the columns are editable. It is the values within these two columns which I want to be "user-specific". Is this possible?

0 3 211
3 REPLIES 3

@jrsmith252 wrote:

have a table which should be visible to all users, only two of the columns are editable. It is the values within these two columns which I want to be "user-specific".

Presume by user-soecifc, you mean soec8fic  users editable values. If so, you can implement this using editable_if column constraint for those two columns.

E.g  IF (IN(USEREMAIL(), LIST("abc@email. com", "dfg@emsil.com") ),  FALSE)

Where email IDs in the list are email IDs of those who can edit those two columns.

Thanks for your reply @Suvrutt_Gurjar.

I'm not sure this will achieve what I'm trying to do. Firstly, I would like to allow anyone who wishes to access my app (so I wouldn't want to limit the users). Also, the two columns that are editable should be separate records for each user - not shared.

@jrsmith252 wrote:

I would like to allow anyone who wishes to access my app (so I wouldn't want to limit the users)

Be sure you understand what you can accomplish with and without user sign-in. If you require user sign-in and make your app available to anyone, that can get very expensive very quickly. See Pricing FAQ - AppSheet Help.  

@jrsmith252 wrote:

the two columns that are editable should be separate records for each user - not shared.

As you suggest, you likely need separate records--i.e., a Users table. Depending on what you need, you might be able to accomplish it just with User Settings: The Essentials - AppSheet Help.

You may find helpful information in  SUMMARY TIP: User permissions, roles, and settings - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space