Limiting Users to Their Own Data

I am reading the help.appsheet page about limiting users to their own data but i do not understand it. I have an app with technicians who create jobs but I want them to be able to see only their own jobs and for the manager to see the jobs of everyone. I have a table (tech name) with 2 columns: tech name and second column is email witch is read only. In the app on the security page i set this condition on the email column : [Email] = USEREMAIL() but it is not working every one can see everything and I get a yellow triangle with an exclamation point next to their name in the job table in appsheet. we use google as authentificator since they are all @gmail.com emails.

Solved Solved
0 4 760
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Andrian_Andreev
You need a valid identifier in your Jobs table to filter out the records as per condition. In your case, you need to have an [Email] column in the job table too respective to each personโ€™s work record. Then the Security Filter will filter away the table data as per [Email]=USEREMAIL() conditional rule.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Andrian_Andreev
You need a valid identifier in your Jobs table to filter out the records as per condition. In your case, you need to have an [Email] column in the job table too respective to each personโ€™s work record. Then the Security Filter will filter away the table data as per [Email]=USEREMAIL() conditional rule.

excuse me mr Kalacoglu, i have a small problem, everything seems to be working but i am getting an exclamation point next to my tech name. can you help me out?

i think i found out whyโ€ฆ I set the email to be a reference to the tech name table but when the tech selects his name the email doesnt copy it self in the email column.

I used the solution useremail() in the initail value and i think that this is the correct formula i will try it out today. but is there a way when my tech opens a job his name is automaticaly selected. right now the column name is references to the table tech name and i get a drop down enum list with only his name wich is correct but is there a way where the name is autoamtically selected?

Top Labels in this Space