Link directly to image capture

I have a View that allows the user to capture an image and store it in a ref sheet/folder. Can anyone think of a linking style that I could use to make it so the user could click on the Job, run the Action (that launches the form) and default straight into the camera)? Some of my users won't want to categorize with the mobile device, but would prefer to do so sitting at the desk, I would like this process to be as automatic as possible.

Solved Solved
0 4 91
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@dahchrist wrote:

Some of my users won't want to categorize with the mobile device, but would prefer to do so sitting at the desk, I would like this process to be as automatic as possible.

I am little confused what your goal is. 

Are you trying to make the desktop usage more streamlined?  If so, please be informed that desktop versions of the app do not use the camera.  You must upload images from a desktop folder.

Are you trying to encourage the users to use the mobile device?  If so, YES...you can open the camera automatically on a mobile device.  This requires three things:

1. Turn off the "Allow image input from gallery" setting.  Having this on interrupts the flow by asking if you want to go the gallery or use the camera.  See image below
  2. Turn the "Auto-Advance" feature.  See image below.
  3. In the Form you navigate to, set the Image column as the first field and required.  Doing so will cause "Auto-Advance" to kick in which will automatically open the camera.

Turn off allowing Images from camera roll

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 12.39.42 PM.png

Turn on Auto-Advance

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 12.40.35 PM.png

Set Image column as first in view and required

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 12.43.15 PM.png

View solution in original post

Yep, so if you simply move the Image column to the top and set the 2 settings as noted, you will see the camera open automatically.  It should be that easy!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You are talking about the click that's needed to open a file/image picker?
I don't know what you need exactly since you are mixing mobile and desktop users.

In which ways desktop users doesn't go "directly" to upload an image?

@dahchrist wrote:

Some of my users won't want to categorize with the mobile device, but would prefer to do so sitting at the desk, I would like this process to be as automatic as possible.

I am little confused what your goal is. 

Are you trying to make the desktop usage more streamlined?  If so, please be informed that desktop versions of the app do not use the camera.  You must upload images from a desktop folder.

Are you trying to encourage the users to use the mobile device?  If so, YES...you can open the camera automatically on a mobile device.  This requires three things:

1. Turn off the "Allow image input from gallery" setting.  Having this on interrupts the flow by asking if you want to go the gallery or use the camera.  See image below
  2. Turn the "Auto-Advance" feature.  See image below.
  3. In the Form you navigate to, set the Image column as the first field and required.  Doing so will cause "Auto-Advance" to kick in which will automatically open the camera.

Turn off allowing Images from camera roll

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 12.39.42 PM.png

Turn on Auto-Advance

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 12.40.35 PM.png

Set Image column as first in view and required

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 12.43.15 PM.png

Sorry - so yes. It's easier to explain in images:
Basically - the user should tap "Attach Photos" and have the camera launch immediately, whereas it currently opens the form and they have to tap the Camera.

step1.pngstep2.png

Yep, so if you simply move the Image column to the top and set the 2 settings as noted, you will see the camera open automatically.  It should be that easy!

Top Labels in this Space