Link to Edit Row

Hi everybody..

I've the form:

Oscar_Daniel_Ma_0-1667246894442.png

The photo, comes from other table..

Oscar_Daniel_Ma_1-1667246946012.png

I need to add a button (or something like that), to edit the photo from the screen:

Oscar_Daniel_Ma_0-1667246894442.png

to edit the image:

Oscar_Daniel_Ma_2-1667247061803.png

Is there a way to do that?

0 1 47
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

The little arrow icon is shown for the other column because it is a Ref type column.  The icon will navigate to the Detail View of that referenced row.

There are a couple of choices to accomplish what you want.

Choice 1 - Use a Ref Column

For the image you can do the same thing as that other column - set that column as a Ref type to the table from where the image comes from and set the Image as the Row Label in that table.  Then you will get the navigation icon in the same way that goes to that rows detail view which you can then choose to Edit and change the Photo plus any other details.

Choice 2 - Custom action to a view only for Editing the Photo

Since the view you are starting with is a Detail view, you can create special purpose buttons that show at the top of the view or as an Overlay.   See image.  In this case you can create a custom Form view dedicated to Editing the Image column allowing you to go to Edit straight away.  There are a couple of things to overcome:

• When you create a custom Form on the existing table, it could become the default Form view for that table. Depends on the order.  This can be controlled.
  • When opening the Form view to show the Image for Edit, the correct row ID needs to be passed to the Form.  Since images have unique names this just means using a LOOKUP() function to find the correct row.

Let us know if either of these ideas works for you and we can help you get it implemented.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space