Link to Form & Edit Row

I have an action (Track Materials) that tracks material of a [Job Name] from ‘Tracking’ form. The behavior is set to go to another view (form) w/in this app.
LINKTOFORM(“Material Track”,“Job Name”,[Job Name])
This allows me to track materials to the ‘Material Track’ form for the same job name (row) in the ‘Tracking’ form.

1. I’d like to be able to see this event action while I’m tracking my labor and equipment in the tracking form, but only after a make the initial entry can I see this event action.
  2. I’d like to be able to EDIT this material track event. Each time I click the ‘track material’ event, it takes me to a new row in the Material Track form.

Thanks!

0 3 2,323
3 REPLIES 3

Not 100% sure what you mean, but are you looking for an action button on your form view?

Yes, a button that links what job name the user selects to a materials form w/the ability to edit that row in the material form.

As of now, I have to complete the tracking form, then open a diff view of that form to see the edit materials action button. This works great except I can’t edit this action once I save it. I can only add a new row.

And if I edit the job name thru the tracking form, the material form job name is static and does not change.

You’ll want to use LINKTOROW() rather than LINKTOFORM(). To use LINKTOROW(), you’ll need the key column value of the row you want displayed in the form. Is [Job Name] that key value?

Top Labels in this Space