1. ID -> UniqueID()
2. Employee Name - Ref
3. Project Name -Enum
4. Start Date - Date
5. End Date - Date
6. Utilization - Number
7. Status - Enum

The Column number 6 i.e. Utilization

I want to make a histogram chart view in which i can view sum of utilization of per employee as well as

5 action button in which i can view:-

Utilized peoples:= Utilized Peoples B/w 0 to 20
Utilized peoples:= Utilized Peoples B/w 20 to 40
Utilized peoples:= Utilized Peoples B/w 40 to 60
Utilized peoples:= Utilized Peoples B/w 60 to 80
Utilized peoples:= Utilized Peoples B/w 80 to 100

For Utilization Per Employee I have done it through by creating a virtual Column i.e Utilization Per Employee:-

SUM(SELECT(RMG[Utilization], [Employee Name]=[_THISROW].[Employee Name]))

A Slice:-

[ID]=MINROW("RMG","_ROWNUMBER",[Employee Name]=[_THISROW].[Employee Name])

For Link to filter view():-

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", ??

Please help to make the overlay buttons expression that can filter the view 0 to 20 as so on.

Please Help@TeeSee1  @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Solved Solved
0 2 589
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!  AS I think you already understand, you would need 5 buttons to get to the 5 Filtered Views you want.  Behind those buttons you will have an action where you set the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() function.   The expressions I believe you want are:Utilization 0 to 20
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", AND([Utilization Per Employee] >= 0, [Utilization Per Employee] < 20)

Utilization 0 to 20 
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", AND([Utilization Per Employee] >= 0, [Utilization Per Employee] < 20))
Utilization 20 to 40
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", AND([Utilization Per Employee] >= 20, [Utilization Per Employee] < 40))
Utilization 40 to 60
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", AND([Utilization Per Employee] >= 40, [Utilization Per Employee] < 60))

A couple of additional Notes:

1)  The view determines which datasource is used.  If "Utilization Matrix" uses the Slice as the datasource, then that is the datasource used for the filtered view.  Be aware, that the Slice must contain any columns used for filtering.

2)  In your filter ranges, you need decide where the boundary values are included.  For example, the value of 20, should it be included in the 0-20 range oe should 20 be included in the 20-40 range.  My example expression has 20 included in the 20-40 range.  Adjust the logic operators to your preference.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi!  AS I think you already understand, you would need 5 buttons to get to the 5 Filtered Views you want.  Behind those buttons you will have an action where you set the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() function.   The expressions I believe you want are:Utilization 0 to 20
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", AND([Utilization Per Employee] >= 0, [Utilization Per Employee] < 20)

Utilization 0 to 20 
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", AND([Utilization Per Employee] >= 0, [Utilization Per Employee] < 20))
Utilization 20 to 40
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", AND([Utilization Per Employee] >= 20, [Utilization Per Employee] < 40))
Utilization 40 to 60
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Utilization Matrix", AND([Utilization Per Employee] >= 40, [Utilization Per Employee] < 60))

A couple of additional Notes:

1)  The view determines which datasource is used.  If "Utilization Matrix" uses the Slice as the datasource, then that is the datasource used for the filtered view.  Be aware, that the Slice must contain any columns used for filtering.

2)  In your filter ranges, you need decide where the boundary values are included.  For example, the value of 20, should it be included in the 0-20 range oe should 20 be included in the 20-40 range.  My example expression has 20 included in the 20-40 range.  Adjust the logic operators to your preference.

Thank You!

Top Labels in this Space