Linked Cost

KimA

Hi there,
I am really hoping someone can help me figure this out. I am creating a quoting tool and have a product, quote and quote details table. In my quote details table, I have a Customer ID ref column which pulls the customer information from the quote table. I was able to link my materials to my product table using a Valid if formula.
After a lot of trial and error, I was finally able to get the supplier ID field to show up correctly for the material selected from the dropdown using this formula:
Select(Product[Supplier ID],([Material]=[_ThisRow].[Material]))
However, I also need to pull the cost for the material and if I use the same formula I end up with a text result instead of a usable price.
As I want to use this field to calculate a quote total, it is a real sticking point for me so any suggestions would be appreciated.

(And before you askโ€ฆyes I have checked out the documentation, sample apps and questions other people have asked.)

Thanks!

0 1 264
1 REPLY 1

@KimA
You need to use a LOOKUP(โ€ฆ) expression for your price column. So when you select a supplier and a material, you can read the price value. Iโ€™m not aware of your appโ€™s structure but provided you have REF between your materials and your product table, you can also use a de-ref expression in the AppFormula.

Top Labels in this Space