Linking Apps and Sharing only one Table

Hi!

I have these two apps I wanna link. I also want to link one of their tables. In this case, I want 'Costing Sheet' table FORM to display all the data from table form of 'Request for Costing'. I've only read about column types which can be set to deep links. But instead of just columns, I want the whole TABLE. Is it possible? If so, how can I do that?

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!6.PNG7.PNG

Solved Solved
0 7 119
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your question is unclear.

You cannot use LINKTO...() to display anything within an existing form view. There is no way to display a view from one app in another app.

If you need a table (the data source) available in two apps, you need to add the table as a data source (in Data >> Tables) in both apps.

View solution in original post

@Steve wrote:

add the table as a data source (in Data >> Tables) in both apps

Here's the help article for how to add a table as @Steve suggested.

You need to first add both the tables to the same app for that as @Steve and @dbaum posted

7 REPLIES 7

Do you want one table to automatically add entry when another table entry is added. If so then you can create a BOT to run a Data Action to add row to another table using values from this row. 

Or if you want just a copy of the same table, then you can try something in the googlesheet itself like importrange function. 

Sorry if i didn't fully understand your requirement. 

Thank you so much you got my point, and yes, I want it to automatically reflect every new entry from the first table. How do I do this in the bot config? Where do I start? Thanks for the help!

You need to first add both the tables to the same app for that as @Steve and @dbaum posted

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your question is unclear.

You cannot use LINKTO...() to display anything within an existing form view. There is no way to display a view from one app in another app.

If you need a table (the data source) available in two apps, you need to add the table as a data source (in Data >> Tables) in both apps.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 074913.pngThanks for the reply. Is it correct that this is what you're talking about? But the options for data source only display tables inside the spreadsheet connected to that app, but I need the data from another Spreadsheet not just from another table. Is that possible? Thanks!

Or maybe this was what you were referring to? To which I tried, and no error was shown but the data isn't reflecting though? What else am I missing? Thanks!capture1.PNG

@Steve wrote:

add the table as a data source (in Data >> Tables) in both apps

Here's the help article for how to add a table as @Steve suggested.

Top Labels in this Space