Linking forms

I have a membership directory with two  forms.

Form A is a list of cottages sorted by cottage number. The only other field is the Owner Name.

Form B is a list of owner sorted by owner name, and includes address, phone, family information.

I would like to be able to open form A, select a cottage, and open Form B by touching the owner name. This is currently a manual process (Jump to Form B and scroll down to the appropriate owner name). An alternative would be to touch the cottage number and jump to Form B. This doesn't seem as easy since Form B is sorted by Owner Name.

I'm guessing this is an easy formula but I haven't been able to solve it.  Thanks in advance.

0 2 55
2 REPLIES 2

From what I can understand, you need to set up your Owner in Form A as a reference column to Form B

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107321?hl=en&ref_topic=10102053

It would help better if you post some screen shots of what you have done so far.

'Form' usually refers to an input/edit screen of individual rows in AppSheet parlance and I am a bit confused about how you have set up your app.

Sheet 1 has 2 columns, Cottage Number and Cottage Owner

1   John Doe

2   Harry Smith

3   Dick Jones

Sheet 2 has multiple columns with cottage owner, cottage number, phone, address, etc.

John Doe  1   123-456-7890   john.doe@gmail.com

Harry Smith   2   234-567-8901   harry.smith@gmail.com

Dick Jones   3   345-678-9012   dick.jones@gmail.com

Form A has the two columns from Sheet 1 and is keyed on the Cottage Name

Form B has the columns from Sheet 2 and is keyed on the Cottage Owner

My question is, how can I open Form A, find a cottage number and then get the full Cottage Owner information?  In other words, link Form A to Form B (I'm guessing a lookup on either the Cottage Number or the Cottage Owner). Note the keys on the two forms are not the same.

An ideal solution is to open a record on Form A, touch the Cottage Number and have it open Form B with that cottage's owner information.  I don't think this is real difficult but I can't come up with the right function.

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space