Linking map pins

I have a map that I have set pins marking certain buildings. Is there a way to make clicking on a pin to open another drawing (x/y map) of that buildings floor plan?

0 5 396
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Unfortunately there is no event action available (yet???) for maps:
2X_c_c7838c4d689e33988df0898aea9899660954f36b.png

@morgan

It would actually be a XY link to a JPG drawing of a building with pins within that drawing linked to rooms within the building.

There is already a sample app called Office Furniture Management that is quite similar to what Iโ€™d like to do.
It does not explain how clicking on a pin takes the user to that specific type of furniture and the details about it.

This??
2X_a_adf2aa7e7677688bf7d3657da82ec1a902d94282.gif

Thatโ€™s what happens when you tap on something in a map (itโ€™s the default hard-coded behavior of AppSheet); it shows you an inline view (typically a deck (like you see in the sample above)) of the record that corresponds to the pin you tapped on.

Iโ€™m not sure what youโ€™re asking about.

This is the app yes. Ultimately I would like to have a map (jpg) of buildings that I can set pins to. The pins link to another jpg of the building floor plan. And then be able to set pins to the various rooms within that space. Not sure if that is asking too much or not.

Top Labels in this Space