Linking to filtered view once removed

Hello, I'm creating a parts app that both tracks parts and provides part info for various locations. Part tracking is good, working on part info..

I'm trying to create a linktoview process in which the user selects a location, then selects a part type.

The resulting information would show a list of part info filtered with that location.

on sheets I currently have a sheet for each part type, with a column within each sheet for location; As the part types have different specs and therefore different columns.

As the selection process takes two deep link steps, I'm trying to figure out how to pass the location (or part type if that is easier) selection to the second linkto(filtered)view.

Alternatively, I tried to create a search form instead, and came to this equation:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW([Part Type],[Plant] = [_THISROW].[Plant])

also tried: LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(([_THISROW].[Part Type]),[Plant] = [_THISROW].[Plant])

With the form asking Part Type and Plant. This is giving me "invalid inputs"

Any suggestions?

thank you!

0 2 93
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @ABourne, your syntax on those expressions are wrong, see here:

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357260-linktofilteredview

You need to type first the name of the view you're trying to filter, and THEN the filtering criteria, like this:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("View name", [Plant]=[_THISROW].[Plant])

Hi, thanks for replying. Unfortunately the view is dependant on user input. So I'm looking to go into a view labelled and linked by the list Part Type (eg Motors) and then filter it by location. so for instance LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Motor", [Plant]=[_THISROW].[Plant]) but "Motor" is user selected. In my example [Part Type] is an enum value column.

Top Labels in this Space