Linktofilteredview() access data for dynamic view title?

I'm using the linktofilteredview() to go from a table view to a filtered list, and on that view I'd like the filter condition to be visible in the title of the filtered view.  For example:

My action expression: 

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("All Production Batches", ([Production Batch Status ID] = [_THISROW].[Production Batch Status ID]))

This works as expected, but I'd like to set the Display name Expression such that the [Production Batch Status] (not the ID that was used to filter the row, though I don't know how to access that either, and could use it as a lookup key if I did) is prominently displayed so that the user knows what the relevance is to the data in the rows.  

Is there a way to access the filtered data that is displayed on the filtered view from the perspective of that view?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 4 546
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

To be clear, the Display Name expression has no awareness of the data displayed within the view. As @Joseph_Seddik indicates, you'll have to construct a Display Name expression that independently constructs the desired value.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the community!

If I had understood your questions correctly, you can simply use one of the filtering commands in AppSheet inside the Display Name field of the view or in Show-type column. 

FILTER("All Production Batches", [Production Batch Status ID] = [_THISROW].[Production Batch Status ID])

________

FAQ: FILTER(), LOOKUP(), MAXROW(), MINROW(), REF_R... - Google Cloud Community  

Create and use virtual "show" columns for text, UR... - Google Cloud Community 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

To be clear, the Display Name expression has no awareness of the data displayed within the view. As @Joseph_Seddik indicates, you'll have to construct a Display Name expression that independently constructs the desired value.

There is no way for a collection View (table,deck,gallery,card) to know either:

1. The common element in the visible filtered records.

2. The applied filter from the previous view.

So the only way to achieve what you want is to manually store the value that you want displayed somewhere else that can be accessed by the display name expression. You can do that by:

1. Setting up a single record variables Table, or similar.

2. Changing your LINKTOFILTERDVIEW action, to be a Group Action, that first saves the filter display value into the above Table, and then executes the LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW.

A caveat though, the target View probably shouldn't be accessible by any other method than by this Action, otherwise it might have an incorrect or nonsensical display name on it.

Thanks for the responses!  It seems I will have to come up with a workaround. 

Top Labels in this Space