List of items based on condition from another table

I have 2 tables, ITEM GROUP and ITEM MASTER

I have sliced the ITEM GROUP to [Std Cylinder Production App] = 'Y', where [Std Cylinder Production App] is one of the columns, and named it as ITEM GROUP Std Cylinder Production App is Yes

I need to show all those Items from ITEM MASTER in the dropdown menu of a form where the GRP_ID corresponding to the ITEM is present in the slice

GRP_ID is a column in ITEM MASTER and the Slice

I have tried the valid_if formula SELECT(ITEM MASTER[ITM_DESC], ANY(ITEM GROUP Std Cylinder Production App is Yes[GRP_ID]) = [GRP_ID])

but this gives only items of 1 item group as the result. I need all.

I have also tried SELECT(ITEM MASTER[ITM_DESC], IN(ITEM MASTER[GRP_ID], ITEM GROUP Std Cylinder Production App is Yes[GRP_ID])) but in vein.

Please help

Edit:

Attached is the pictorial representation of what is needed

Notes_230906_000807.jpg

0 4 167
4 REPLIES 4

@SushantSardana wrote:

I have 2 tables, ITEM GROUP and ITEM MASTER

I have sliced the ITEM GROUP to [Std Cylinder Production App] = 'Y', where [Std Cylinder Production App] is one of the columns, and named it as ITEM GROUP Std Cylinder Production App is Yes

I need to show all those Items from ITEM MASTER in the dropdown menu of a form where the GRP_ID corresponding to the ITEM is present in the slice

It would be good to know more about the form. Is this a form for the table ITEM GROUP or for the ITEM MASTER table?

Also if you are experimenting with this app for ITEM GROUP and ITEM MASTER, you could share a screenshot of the table's columns structure.

Pictorial representation of what is needed

Pictorial representation of what is neededPictorial representation of what is needed

Oh, I see. Ok, maybe in the table's field suggested values you could do something like:

Select(Item Master[Itm_ID], [GRD_ID].[YN]="Y")

OR using Filter

Filter("Item Master", [GRD_ID].[YN]="Y")

Not working in this manner.

Top Labels in this Space