List of products Ref'd to form, possible to select multiple products with multiple quantities?

Is it possible to create a list of products, Ref them to a jobsheet and then have the option to select more than one type of product and/or multiple quantities of said product?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 10 88
  • UX
10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Probably.

Was that a poor question? I donโ€™t understand the reason for your response.

Yes, your question is way too vague to offer any useful guidance.

Apologies. I am just starting out with this.

I have a column named โ€˜Partsโ€™ in a form that was referenced from a table in my menu, named โ€˜parts listโ€™. I am hoping to select multiple parts from this list and varying quantities of said parts, then add them to my basket. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If I can word that any better please let me know. Thanks

Hello @mailyarrum, they way I do that is having a parent table named โ€œOrdersโ€ with all the information related to a single purchase order, then thereโ€™s the โ€œProductsโ€ table, or in your case it shall be โ€œPartsโ€ table, it is the child table of the โ€œOrdersโ€.

The idea is to create a new Order, and then use the โ€œRelated Partsโ€ virtual column that is automatically created by appsheet after the reference is set up.

That allows you to add parts to your order directly from the โ€œOrdersโ€ form using the โ€œNewโ€ or โ€œAddโ€ button that comes with it by default, that button will take you to the form view for adding a new row in your โ€œPartsโ€ table, there you will select a single part and itโ€™s desired quantity, and repeat this process for each different part that you wish to add to your order.

There might be other ways to do this, but this is the one I found easier hehe, but for this you must be quite familiar with references and how they work:

Thanks for the response Rafael!
Thatโ€™s very helpful. Would I only be able to have a โ€˜Partsโ€™ column in that form?
I am wanting to create a form that an employee can fill out after finishing a job, which will include Date, customer, Parts used, etc would it be possible to use your method in this case?
thanks again

If you mean in your โ€œPartsโ€ form, yes, it could be as straightforward as having a โ€œPartโ€ column with a reference to a parts list, and a quantity column, or you could add more stuff to it, itโ€™s up to you.

The method I explained is best for saving one or more rows that are linked to a single parent record, in your case, itโ€™s up to the data structure that you have in mind, I imagine that a single job can have one or more parts used, with different quantities for each, if thatโ€™s the case the same exact method would apply, only with diferent data columns.

Awesome, thanks again for taking the time to respond, Rafael. I think iโ€™m a little out of my depth on this one, do you know of any App examples that I can โ€˜look under the hoodโ€™ at?
Thanks again

Iโ€™ve been looking for one, but without much luck yet, this one might work for you, but the use case is not similar at all to yours:

If I get a bit of spare time Iโ€™ll try to make one for you

Top Labels in this Space