Live Calculations based on form responses

Wondering if there is a way to have a live calculation based on a form response in a different field.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I have the name of a field dynamically changing what it says based on the number that I type into that specific field. So, if the name says "Sale Price" normally, if I type in 20,000 into the field it now says "Sale Price - $500 Profit" because there is a $500 difference between what I just typed in and what it is finding for a cost value.

This works.

Now I want the same display name to change based on another field entry as well (trade).

So if my "trade value" take $250 away from my profit line, I would like it to adjust the display name on the Sale Price field to something like "Sale Price - $250 profit with trade".

I have it doing it currently after the save, but I would like it to happen instantly while still in the form. Is this possible?

0 2 258
2 REPLIES 2

If you already tested it, then the result you achieved is probably the only functionality available.

Consider instead creating an additional column whose value is calculated (perhaps via its initial value property or perhaps use a Show type column) and not editable.

Yes, expressions in display name do lag a bit when depending on other column values, just as you described. No, there is no fix. dbaum's suggestion is a good solution.

Top Labels in this Space