Live eBay Data to Google Sheets to Create AppSheet Inventory Management App

Hi,

Is it possible to connect an eBay account's active listings to Google Sheets? I know Zapier have some connections but they relate more to order/workflow management.

I want to send active listing/live stock data to a Google Sheet and then create an inventory management app via AppSheet. I currently have this set up but the inventory on the Google Sheet is dependent upon manual updates every time an item sells on eBay.

I know I could manually update the stock levels via the AppSheet app every time a sale occurs. However, I'm not using the app as a pick/pack order inventory app so this isn't really an option. I'm currently only using the app for stock-taking purposes and utilizing the Scandit Barcode AppSheet capabilities to scan SKU labels with product data. The ability to use an AppSheet app to check actual warehouse inventory levels via the built-in AppSheet Scandit barcode scanner against available eBay listed stock is a game changer.

Zebra scanners are an expensive option for our warehousing operations, the integration with eBay and our eCommerce site via platforms such as SkuVault is overkill and costly. We were hoping to come up with a cheap alternative that could be done completely in-house.

I'm of the understanding an eBay API will be required to pull the account data into a database. I think CData has an ODBC driver that looks to do what I'm after but I'm not exactly sure if it's the right fit.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to link live eBay data to Google Sheets and then create an AppSheet Inventory management app for stock taking purposes?

Thanks in advance for any advice provided, it is greatly appreciated.

0 1 450
1 REPLY 1

I just checked and eBay does have an API.  You will need to research the API to see what functions it offers.  You can get the API details by going to the eBay page, then in the Footer at the bottom of the page, choose the "Developers" option.  Follow this into the API to see what they offer and if it seems like it will work for you.

Once you have determined that the API can be used, then you will need to build a mechanism to "pull" the data from eBay and "push" into your data sheet.  AppSheet does not have this capability.

You will either need to build a script, as in Google Scripts, to perform this activity...OR...use a third-party integrator service such as Zapier or Make (formally Integromat).   I know that Make has integrations into AppSheet.  They may also have integrations into eBay.

I know this is vague but hopefully can help you get started.  Please ask if you still have questions.

Top Labels in this Space