Local variables passed on to a view

I have a catalog table. If the user taps a POPULATE button, that catalog becomes checked out and the user it sent to another view in the app which is a list of Products.

When the user taps on a product, a catalogsLink column is populated with the catalogID. Please note that this is a multi user app and I could have different users populating different catalogs. I am already preventing user from populating the same catalog.

What I am trying to achieve is some formatting so that the user knows that a product has been added to the catalog when tapping it.

The problem is that the way I am doing it, it is taking about 6 seconds for the formatting to update which leads to a terrible user experience.

This issue is being discussed in detail here.

If I could store the catalogID in a local variable of the view, the formatting will update immediately.

Is something along these lines possible? 

0 5 144
5 REPLIES 5

Confirmation from the action is not enough?

I don't understand. Can you elaborate, please.

You asked.. "some formatting so that the user knows that a product has been added to the catalog when tapping it." If tapping the action opens the confirmation popup, it would identify fo the user that he/she is doing that when the "Yes" or what ever the name is, is pressed.

@AleksiAlkio Thanks for explaining. I see what you mean.

Since the user needs to populate the catalog, he might be adding a number of products and a confirmation dialog for each would be an overkill.

Have a look at this short recorded video from the app.

You'll see the product highlighted green when added to the catalog, albeit 6 seconds late. I'm trying to fix this delay.

Even if I used a confirmation dialog, I would still need to mark the catalog as added.

@AleksiAlkio 

Here's a link to a working demo showcasing the problem.

If you look at the Products tab, the formatting updates immediately.

If you see the ProductCategories tab, it has a delay of about 6 seconds.

I need to use ProductsCategories, since I wish to list the Products under each category they occur.

Top Labels in this Space