Log time taken to fill out a form

Morning folks

A requirement has come up to log the amount of time a user spends completing a form; in this case, we want to show how long a driver is spending checking his vehicle before taking it out on the road. Drivers have an app where they have to answer mostly yes/no questions, and there is a concern that they are doing this too quickly. 

I've had a hunt around this forum to no avail; is this something that can be done? 

Thanks in advance

Chris

0 1 120
1 REPLY 1

You can never get true filling time all the time, but here is some idea you might want to use.

• Start time: Initial value = NOW()
  • End Time:  You can fill this by an action, Set the values of some column in this row, End Time = NOW()
  • You can calculate the duration by End Time - Start Time.
  • You can hide the columns by their Show conditions. (i.e. Only supervisors or admins can see them)
  • Auto save the form when the last field is filled in. (make sure Start Time/End Time are not at the end of the table)

Of course smart users will always find ways to fool you but hopefully what you get will be good enough for your requirements.

Maybe other community members have done something more creative. (I am not sure if user activity log can be used for this purpose..)

Top Labels in this Space