Logging Historical Records using Data: Add New Row to Another Table Using Values from This Row

Need a sanity check to see if perhaps my method for accomplishing a task is just wrong.

I am adding a calculator for some medical stuffs whose details are not relevant at this time. This calculation may need to change on a daily basis, so i have a table to store the current values for a patient, and a secondary table to store historical values, with the intention of being able to chart these calculations over time and monitor progress or decline of function.

My first thought was to copy the [_thisrow_before] values using Data: Add New Row to Another Table Using Values from This Row action, provided [_thisrow.before].[timestamp]<>[_thisrow_after].[timestamp]

The condition for performing the action works just fine, but i am running into an issue where i cannot access [_thisrow_before].[column name] in the action to set the values in the other table.

I think i could also try a similar approach but from a bot. The intention is to always have a singular "current" record for the patient, with a backlog of historical calculations in the historical table. Looking for options and the best method to accomplish this.

Thanks

0 2 83
2 REPLIES 2

You are waiting for a data change to a row to add it as a separate record to another table, so just add every change as a new record from the first place. Think Sales and Sales Details. 

yeah, i guess realistically, i don't need multiple tables for this, and the "Current" can simply be the one with the most recept timestamp. Chalk this up to me overthinking the simplicity of the whole operation ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space