Long Sync Times For Users - Need HELP Please!

I have a simple inventory counting app with 4 columns in my table. Unique ID (Which is my key and has the unique ID value as the initial value), Zone, Barcode and Quantity

The issue I'm running into is when I have 5 or so people using the app at the same time, the sync times take way to long! The data table itself is empty and the users are inputting information into it and at onetime it never goes beyond 1000 rows. 

To combat the issue of having to sync every time a change is made, I turned on delayed sync but that's now causing the users to keep inputting information while the number of changes to be synced keeps increasing where everyone has to stop for 20-30 minutes to let all the changes sync and show up on the sheet

Is there any way to make this more efficient so i don't run into these sync issues?

1 6 162
6 REPLIES 6

Is there any bots or virtual columns effecting the performance ?

No bots or virtual columns - just the 4 i mentioned earlier 

Can you tell us what your data source is?  Google Sheets?  Excel Sheet? Smartsheet? Something else?

Does your data source have any other tables that use the inputs from appsheet to recalculate totals.  That is, the sheet itself doing the calculations and nothing to do with Appsheet?

Data source = Google Sheet

There are no other tables connected from the google sheet into Appsheet but the sheet does have other tabs which are doing complex calculations and a lot of import ranges so yes that the original sheet has calculations from the inputs of the appsheet form (which sit alone on a tab)

So moving the inputs into a standalone sheet should help? 

Thank you!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@scott192 wrote:

That is, the sheet itself doing the calculations and nothing to do with Appsheet?

Excellent question!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@AhmedNadimGG wrote:

So moving the inputs into a standalone sheet should help? 

It certainly might!

Top Labels in this Space