Looking for reduce sync time working with calendar table

Hello! I would like tips to reduce sync time. I have a table of schedules that I try to link with the events of a calendar table to determine office occupancy.
I managed to solve it with SELECT(Offices [Name], AND (([Start] <= [_ THISROW]. [Start]), ([End]> = [_ THISROW]. [End]))) but the reality is that increase sync time too much.
I keep searching and looking at suggested options but so far I am not getting any options that will reduce sync time.
Thank you for reading!

0 7 232
7 REPLIES 7

You don’t have a lot of options.
Can you tell us a litle bit more about the table schema and also could you take a look at this on the app editor?:
Manage → Monitor → Performance Profile → Launch…
You will get a detailed overview of the sync time and which tables/processes are taking more time than others

Good! Thanks for answering. I’ll tell you in general what I’m trying to do.
I have four offices and I rent them by the hour. I use google calendar to add or remove reservations. This is why I have a google calendar table (“Offices”) and I put together a separate schedule table so that it could show me the times that you are not busy (“Schedules”). This second table contains the rows with all the schedules. Then, I added a virtual column to it with the formula:
SELECT(Offices[Name], AND(([Start]<=[_THISROW].[Start]),([End]>=[_THISROW].[Fin]))).
In fact, I managed to get it to tell me the names of the professionals who are occupying each office, but the synchronization takes 43 seconds.
I’ve tried to reduce the time in some ways but still can’t.

Again, thanks for your help. Apologies if what I am trying has basic errors. I am not a developer but I am learning.

This is a problem. If you add and remove reservations using Google Calendar, rather that using the app, there is no good way to keep the app updated. Virtual columns are your best option, and obviously they aren’t good for this, Ideally, you would manage reservations from within the app itself.

If true. However, at the moment, it is very complex to manage from the app because it would mean losing some features.
At the moment, I am trying to continue shortening columns so that it only shows me the availability of offices in the coming weeks.
Perhaps you can achieve this with (context) so that it doesn’t affect the app’s sync time in other views.
Thanks for the tips!

I must agree with you. I’ve managed to work out the kinks and get to a “reasonable” sync time but I find a lot of flaws in the integration with google calendar.
Right now, I’m finding that an update I did two hours ago loads fast when viewed in mobile or tablet view but still won’t load in desktop view. It’s a rare bug. I don’t know why, but I note that a more polished integration is still in process. Hopefully soon it will be like that because I really love working from appsheet.
I’ll evaluate how difficult it can be to build the calendar system from the application directly and maybe start doing it.
Thanks for your follow up.

Last notice: Now I tried with slices and is a better time. Is nos the best but I’m trying.
Thanks!

I’d suggest firstly try to remove as many virtual columns as you can. If you need them turn them into actual spreadsheet columns that work on an Appformula.

Simon@1minManager.com

Top Labels in this Space