Lookup From Multi-select dropdown

Hello, I have a an app that uses a dropdown list. From this list I am able to select multiple options from the same field.

I want to return all of the child records from another table related to the multiple items chosen from my dropdown list. 

I am able to return the child records when a single dropdown list is chosen however, when I pick 2 or more items off of the dropdown list, I am receiving nothing back. 

I am hoping someone could point me in the right direction for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 5 195
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marc,

I've had an awesome experience with you and the solution worked. Thanks so much for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your fast input.

Unfortunately, I looked at this solution in my search and there are hardcoded characters in the IN() function.

While my searches come from a enumlist chosen from the dropdown. And it will be returning another list of child records corresponding to the multiple items chosen from the picklist. If the solution you sent is the solution, I am not quite getting how the app formula should be constructed.

So basically, my dropdown list chooses for example 2 files, (file A, file B, etc). 

I want the child records returned showing item A, item B, Item C for file a and Item A, Item C, Item D, etc for file B.

Again if the solution you provided is the solution I am not sure what the app formula should look like.

Here is a copy of the app with a single item chosen from the dropdown list which works. If I chose multiple items say 114, 115 I am not getting anything back those there are child records related to both of them.

malik373_1-1649778487568.pngmalik373_2-1649778519544.pngmalik373_3-1649778550033.pngmalik373_4-1649778577747.png

Assuming your existing expression is:

FILTER( other_table , [col] = [_THISROW].[select_col] )

Change to:

FILTER( other_table , IN( [col] , [_THISROW].[select_col] ) )

Marc,

I've had an awesome experience with you and the solution worked. Thanks so much for your help.

Top Labels in this Space