MAP Search bar does not work

Good morning!

When using MAP view, searching in the search bar is not working even with the sample app shared. See the screenshot for details.

It works before even in our previous app. But for some time after Appsheet joined google cloud, map search tool bar does work anymore.

I cound not find any topic that could fix the issue encountered.

0 18 665
18 REPLIES 18

IF you are on this sample app, you need to make the facility ID โ€œsearchableโ€.
Word of โ€œDistributionโ€ is down there but within Facility ID field, which is made โ€œunsearchableโ€ on this sample.

As @tsuji_koichi is pointing out, each column associated with the data points on the map that you want to be able to search by, need to have their Searchable property turned on. Every column has this option. You can find it in the column editor at the very bottom under โ€œOther Propertiesโ€. See image below.

3X_3_5_3509263a4af215a6970f2dc3eaeb0da9403148a7.png

I have set my column searchableโ€ฆeven my previous AppSheet apps which were able to search and locate the set of valuesโ€ฆ but now, even my OLD Appsheet application cannot search as expected.

Tried to create a new one, and having the same issue using the Map search bar.

The image below shows the setting โ€œSearchable is enableโ€, locating using search bar, and actual location by manual panning in Map.

Any inputs really appreciated.

Are you sure any of the data fields which are made searchable store the value of โ€œ34081โ€ in this case?

Below are the series of images taken.

Not entirely sure what is happning, but what is going to happen if you change the data type of Geocode field onto number instead of text?

Already tried thatโ€ฆand many more things, but still having same result.

Kindly see the image for the changed of data type.

I tried the working with maps sample Appโ€ฆfor which the column โ€œdescriptionโ€ is searchable. But when tried to search using the work โ€œShippingโ€, giving same issue as mine.

The last one thing I can try is hide thousand separator from Geocode field, otherwise this is beyond my capability.

As suggested, the datatype was changed as a number without separator, but still experienced the same issue.

See the image attached.

Even tried the sample app โ€œWorking with Mapsโ€ where the column โ€œDescriptionโ€ is โ€œSearchableโ€. But when searching for the Shipping, the same issue encountered.

I m Sorry, but no more help I can extend.

Is the map view using the same table or slice as the detail view? If the map view is atop a slice that doesnโ€™t include the Geocode column, the column wonโ€™t be searchableโ€ฆ

HI Steve,

I already tried having a UX MAP viewing directly to the table with lat/long. Also, tried having a slice with coordinates included, but still this issue persists.

Moreover, the Geocode data type was in text formatโ€ฆthe previous discussion was just an experiment as tsuji_koichi suggested to find the source of this issue.

Iโ€™m afraid I have no explanation. This might well be a bug. Consider engaging support@appsheet.com for help.

Thank you Steve. Yes, I think this is a bugโ€ฆit all started when Appsheet joins Google. Then suddenly, searching in Map is not possible.

Also, you can try to search for something using the sample app โ€œWorking with Mapsโ€. The description is searchable, in text format. Pan the Mapview somewhere else, then search related to the description column, the same issue can be experienced.

Pretty sure Number values are not searchable even if Searchable is enabled.

@tsuji_koichi thank you very much for your time. May ask one more thing, How could I raise this question to the Appsheet programmer/ creator.

Here this community is the best place, otherwise send query (email) to support@appsheet.com

@DLPC_GISD please post the solution here if support finds the reason

Top Labels in this Space