MINROW is OK but crashes app when saved

Hi

I am trying to make a slice show the row with the lowest number in the priority-coloumn, and with “venter” (waiting) in the status-column. The expression assistant accepts it, but when I save it crashes the app…

3X_8_5_8576206b0ad2330775aee124ed70683940b960b0.png

I have tried to use the third examble on https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357311-minrow

Should I use another expression or is there something wrong i the validation in appsheet?

Thanks,
Glenn

Solved Solved
0 4 219
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It appears you updated the expression but haven’t yet saved. The error displayed reflects the original expression you’d tried, and won’t disappear until you Save the new configuration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MINROW() expression returns the key column value and therefore a ref, so the return value type is TEXT, not a boolean (TRUE/FALSE). For a row filter condition, your expression shall evaluate to TRUE/FALSE.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In a slice’s row filter, the row filter expression is evaluated once for each row of the table. The expression you want to construct needs to answer the question, “is this row the row that contains the minimum column value?” Your MINROW() expression identifies “the row that contains the minimum column value”, so you need to compare that with “this row”:

([_THISROW] = MINROW("Opgaver", "Prioritering", ([Status] = "venter")))

Thank you. The expression does do the trick and the app dont crash any more. But I do get this warning:

3X_e_2_e2a8c6360459a8be9865ebec35c3d703bee9eb34.png

It appears you updated the expression but haven’t yet saved. The error displayed reflects the original expression you’d tried, and won’t disappear until you Save the new configuration.

Top Labels in this Space