Make users edit child records after creating the parent record

Hi folks

I have an app where the creation of an 'Order' record triggers an 'Order details' records for each product selected at the order level (following these instructions https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/FAQ-add-row-per-value-in-EnumList/m-p/357133), as well as a single record per Order in another table called 'Stores' 

The child records only get created after user syncs. Users are sometimes offline when creating these orders.

I would like users to be forced to update the newly created order details records and then go and update the 'Stores' record, all of which are linked by the OrderID created with the initial Order creation. Ideally there would be a way of alerting users that they have forgotten to update any of the child records. 

I have looked around here but couldn't find the right answer - especially as I already have 4 actions occurring on sync for the 'Order' creation, so I'm nervous about messing with those! 

Hope that makes sense... 

Cheers in advance

Chris

0 3 54
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Why have yo chosen to create the child rows during a sync, rather than doing it immediately?

Erm, I just implemented the actions as per your instructions... But it's only after hitting sync that the child records create, right? 

Rather than attaching the action to a bot, try instead making it the Form Saved event action in the form view configuration.

Top Labels in this Space