Making Label to Display as Referenced Label plus another column

So I'm a beginner and I've done a lot of reading but I'm def missing something. 

I want a new label that uses a referenced row to display as the label that the referenced row relates to not what it appears as in the actual spreadsheet, if that makes sense.  😅😅

In the original spreadsheet (spreadsheet #1) the vehicle VIN is the key and I've made a label as the corresponding Year+Make+Model. Secondary spreadsheet (Spreadsheet #2, Vehicle Repairs) has VIN column that references to the original spreadsheet.  So it displays as the labels in the input form but still VIN in spreadsheet. Perfect. However Spreadsheet #3 is Parts. So I want to be able to assign these parts to either an individual Vehicle alone (from #1) or to a specific vehicle repair (#2).  So I've made a label on spreadsheet #2 that's VIN+Repair Name, so someone can choose that vehicle repair in a drop down menu.  As I've stated VIN is a reference row that appears as the original Vehicle label (year+make+model), but in the label of #2 it shows the actual VIN+Repair Name not Year+Make+Model+Repair Name like I hoped. 

I hope that makes sense. I'm OK with it still showing VIN on the spreadsheets but for user ease in app I would always like VIN to display as the year+make+model. 

Does Spreadsheet #2 need to have all the same columns like year, make, model as spreadsheet #1 then make a label of that for spreadsheet #3 to use? Or is there an easier way?

Thank you so much for your time.

0 1 103
1 REPLY 1

Dereference expressions - AppSheet Help

CONCATENATE([VIN].[YEAR], "+", [VIN].[MAKE], "+", [VIN].[MODEL], "+", [REPAIR NAME])

In case it's of interest, here's a an alternate concatenation technique for a list of values:  Concatenate values with a delimiter: How to simula... - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space