Making a dropdown from a selection of an enum of a column

Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a selection for users to select based on their selected choice from an enum of a column. This is what I would like to achieve:

enums.PNG

I have tried to gather some info regarding this matter but most of it involves creating another table to list down the choice and make it as a key table and then the other table will be a ref table so it will create a dropdown based on the choices from the key table which is not what I wanted. Does anyone here have a workaround for this?

Thank you everyone!

0 12 333
12 REPLIES 12

Your requirement is somehow not clear. In the first sentence below you have written 

"Choice 1, 2,3 are enumes"

and then you have written 

Choice 2  (No enums)

Choice 3  (No enums)

Could you elaborate?

Sorry for causing the confusion. To clarify, if a user selects Choice 1 (an enum), the user will see another set of enums of A, B, C underneath the Choice 1. If a user selects Choice 2 or 3, they wouldn't be able to see any enums afterwards which is why I wrote No enums to indicate no other enums underneath Choice 2 or 3.

Create a column next to your Choices 1, 2 and 3. that contains Choice 1 enum A, B and C. Show_If only when choice 1 is selected.

Oh this will involve regenerating the whole structure of the table then. I'm just afraid that if I were to regenerate the table with the added column, the existing data key-ed in the table will be disturbed.

Regenerating the table always makes your table strongly attached to your data.

If it disturbs you a little today it will become a big problem another day.

I agree, guess I'll have no choice but to regenerate it. Thank you very much for the input!

Thank you for your more details. However, sorry, that I still did not understand the requirement.  Maybe someone else can help.

That means list within list?

Yes correct

If this is what your a looking for..

Animation.gif

I have for en1's suggested_values

IFS(
 ISNOTBLANK([en2]),  LIST(""),
 ISBLANK([en1]), LIST("initial1","initial2"),
 ISNOTBLANK([en1]),  en1[en1]
)

for en2's

IF(
 ISNOTBLANK([en2]),  LIST(""),
 LIST("en2-initial1","en2-initial2")
)

You can hardcode your lists or create a separate table(s) 

Oh this is almost similar to what I want to achieve where after pressing the initial1 in en1, it displayed AAA, BBB and CCC. 

what is it that is different from what you are looking for?

Top Labels in this Space