Making a very simple ordering app

I am very new to app building, but sufficient in excel/sheets.
Right now I have made a ordering system for my colleagues. They go to their personal sheet in my main document and type in the amounts they need for the different items. They prefer to do this on their phone which is sometimes quite troublesome.

Iโ€™ve tried making my document into an app, but i have some specific ideas that i donโ€™t know how to do.

1. I would like that the first thing they choose is the date they want the delivery.
  2. I would like headers inside the menu (Cheeses, Meats, Greens) that are not items.
  3. Is it possible to make 2 buttons - minus and plus - to de- or increase by 1. As well as just being able to directly write the amount they would like (Only numbers).
  4. A โ€œNextโ€/โ€œReview basketโ€ button that takes them to a new page in the app with only the ordered items.
  5. A โ€œPlace orderโ€ button that will update the correct sheet with the info the inputted.

I would like to know if the above is possible - without being a pro. And if you know of any blogs, sites or courses that goes into depth on how to go about this.

Here are some photos of my current setup and some that may help understand what i mean.
Idea of what the sheet i use look like: Ordering list test - Google Sheets

I hope i asked the right place.

/Tobias

1 4 567
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Tobias_Klintstrom, welcome to our community !

Before getting into the specifics of making an app, there are a few resources you should check out first:

Eventually:

All of this to tell you, itโ€™s gonna be a LOT easier for you to think in appsheet terms for your app once you take a bit of time to get the basics down.

Also, do read this post:

Getting informed before marrying your first app by implementing it in your workplace can save you a LOT of pain, trust me.

Thank you for the welcome and quick answer!
Great advice and links! Iโ€™ll start straight away.

I've been using Appsheet for a couple of years now. By using the resources available and building up your knowledge will stand you in good stead. Having built databases in Microsoft Access and writing projects in VB6, all self taught.

Appsheet was a different kind of learning, impossible without all the help and support of the community forum.

Build your Apps up, demo's, dummy's etc and in time it will return to you rewards for all of your patience. Looking at your criteria of the App you want is very doable and at a glance relatively easy. You're on a journey which I can only say you will enjoy, the possibilities of what you can do with Appsheet is limitless.

Good luck on your learning and your success.

Guauuuuuu, a lot of information that we can find in the begining.

Thanks @Rafael_ANEIC-PY 

Top Labels in this Space