Managing multiple items inventory in one sale

Is it possible to create a sale form that would update multiple products inventories in one sale?

I'm trying to create recipes that would update how much inventory is left in stock after the recipe is created.

Solved Solved
0 3 473
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@carly wrote:

I'm trying to create recipes that would update how much inventory is left in stock after the recipe is created.

Your requirement sounds similar to the Order Capture sample app. In that app, when an order (equivalent to recipe in your case) is created with multiple items, the inventories of those respective items adjust in the Products table based on number of items consumed in the order.

You may want to take a look at the sample app

Order Capture How-to

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes.   there are many, many posts here in the Community on exactly that topic. 

To accomplish this, the general idea is to attach a set of actions, created by you, on the Form Saved behavior.  These actions will identify the rows to be updated and pass them to additional actions that perform the actual row updates.  You most likely will need to use the INPUT() function to make this happen.  It allows for passing of values from one action into another.

Please spend some time search the forum but if you are still stuck then come back here and let us know.

@carly wrote:

Your requirement sounds similar to the Order Capture sample app. In that app, when an order (equivalent to recipe in your case) is created with multiple items, the inventories of those respective items adjust in the Products table based on number of items consumed in the order.

You may want to take a look at the sample app

Order Capture How-to

This is EXACTLY what I wanted!!! Thanks a million!! ๐Ÿ’ž

Top Labels in this Space