Managing user access the add and subtract in inventory

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time here, so be gentle ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a basic inventory app and I would like to restrict certain users to only be able to subtract from totals. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

MAC

0 6 137
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @MarkAnthony 

Can you reply with exactly how this deduction process works at the minute?  Then we can best advise

Simon@1minManager.com

Good morning Simon! 

Thanks for replying! I am working on an inventory app for food production. I would like to have it so only selected users can add to the stock and then others to only be able to reduce stock or possibly their inputs to be automatically a "minus". 

Thanks in advance!!!

Bash 4.jpg

So what you'd do its to create a valid_if equation for the bottom field.  To stop a particular email from adding a negative number you'd want something like:

IF

AND(UserEmail()="me@me.com",[Konnyectbo]<0),

FALSE,

TRUE

)

Thank you, Simon!!!

Actually, I was trying to do the opposite; to restrict a user to add a positive number.

IF(
   AND(UserEmail()="me@me.com",[Konnyectbo]>0),
FALSE,
TRUE
)

I placed this into the Data validation and it works great. But it would seem that I would have to list all the other users except myself. Could you please show me a way to include some type of "Not" statement into the string that would keep anyone except myself from adding positive amounts? 

How does this look:

IF(
AND(UserEmail()<>"markanthonychesner@gmail.com",[Amount]>0),
FALSE,
TRUE
)

It doesn't "Break the Building" but will it work?

Thank you again!

I am also struggling with another issue at the link below. If you could add some insight there also, it would be most welcome!

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/How-to-change-the-quot-Decimal-quot-position-de...

To do it that way your going to have to add a line to allow other people to add positive numbers so maybe try this using 2 nested IF statements:

IF(
UserEmail()="markanthonychesner@gmail.com",
TRUE,
IF(
AND(
UserEmail()<>"markanthonychesner@gmail.com",
[Amount]>0
),
TRUE,
FALSE))

1. If its your email then its always allowed
  2. If its not you, but [amount]>0 then its allowed
  3. Anything else is not allowed

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Simon!

Thanks!!!

Actually, after playing around, I got this to work:

IF(
AND(UserEmail()<>"markanthonychesner@gmail.com", [Amount]>0),
FALSE,
TRUE
)
IF(
AND(UserEmail()<>"merak.atanasovi@gmail.com", [Amount]>0),
FALSE,
TRUE
)

Maybe some redundancies, but it tests and works fine ๐Ÿ™‚

Could you please have a look at this other issue I'm trying to solve:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/How-to-change-the-quot-Decimal-quot-position-de...

basically, I have to number formats for inventory; kilos such as 1.345 kg and portions with whole numbers such as 6. I would like to show the number formats for both but I'm not sure how this would happen in the ADD amount function...Marc suggested that I make 2 columns, one for each format and then show both columns in the Amount column, but how should I connect the input from the add button to 2 different columns? I hope I'm being clear...could you please give me a hand with this?

Thank you for everything!!!!!

Top Labels in this Space