Manually Constructing Deep Links

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

Anyway to manually construct a Deep Link that says:

show me this id's "detail view" inside the "dashboard view" ?

I'd appreciate it if it isn't a slice approach...

0 8 187
8 REPLIES 8

Could you elaborate from how "this id" will be populated in the dashboard?

When I click on a row, in this instance 2022โ€ƒ

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2022-04-09 12.03.42.png

I want it to show me, the "Detailed View" on the left, and a "Inline / Table View" of that row's related Recipes.โ€ƒ

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2022-04-09 12.05.45.png

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/LINKTOROW-LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW/m-p/411666#M162192

The same Q&A as this, I believe.

I cannot come up with a way without using a slice.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar 

Hope you have a better idea!

@Suvrutt_Gurjar @TeeSee1 

Thank you, just closed the other one.

But in my use case Filtering with the Detail View inside the dashboard like shown in @MultiTech 's video,

wouldn't that just be the same as having a Dashboard with view entries (from left to right) Table View, Detail View, and then a Table View of the Ref table with interactive mode on?

@NCD 

If you have all three views (table, detail, inline) in one dashboard, then you can select a row in the table view which filters the detail and inline interactively.

The examples you have given me all assumes that the Dashboard View  is a button located in the bottom of your app or in the menu pane.

I understand why people would use the Enchanced Dashboard Method in these cases.

But what I am trying to accomplish is using a Dashboard View as a Ref View,

which means it should filter going into that view, if Dashboard does not allow that why would AppSheet allow us to set Dashboard Views as Ref? Or are there any other use cases for using Dashboard as a ref view?

I do not know the intention of the AppSheet designers, so I do not know why the dashboard view is configurable as a ref type nor proper use cases but they are as they are at the moment and not much you or I can do about it until when/if Google modify it to your likings - please raise a feature request!

Meanwhile, I just make it work however way it needs to be done including using slices ๐Ÿ˜. Your app's users do not care how your app is implemented as long as it does what it is supposed to do.

At least this is my opinion.

Yes  @TeeSee1  , your approach looks good to me as well.

Hi @NCD With dashboard views, I believe once cannot manage navigation at sub view level within the dashboard. So @TeeSee1 ' suggestions look good.

@NCD May I also request you to persist discussion with one post on one subject. You will get best possible option from various community members at one place.

Top Labels in this Space