Many to Many Relationship

Hi friends,

I am going to implement many to many relationship. Can I know appropriate method to do it? 

I have seen this video. Is it right method ? Other any other method available?

https://youtu.be/dSBtoYiSrOI?feature=shared

Note : 

Order table is the parent and Consignment Table is the child  

One order may contain multiple consignments.

One consignment may contain multiple orders .

Order table <--> Consignment table

1 3 120
3 REPLIES 3

There is another example for many-to-many relationships here https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Many-to-Many-Relationships/m-p/261816 posted by @MultiTech.

Personally I find it somewhat disappointing that AppSheet has not implemented a 'Natural' solution to this conundrum, especially since the use of a bridge table for many-to-many relationships is a very common practice when using a SQL database for your data tables. I have done some research on MS PowerApps and have personally worked with Budibase and although on both you essentially implement a bridge table, the many-to-many relationship is set by using a standard Multi-Select (enumlist in AppSheet) input to establish the relationship. No looping actions required, or any other actions (bots) unlike in AppSheet. Even Google App Maker (now deprecated) when it was around just used multi-select input for this.

Hope someone at Google is listening, implementation of looping and other various actions makes for a very inefficient process.

Kindly say which method shall I stick on?

Where can I find the complete Video tutorial for this method?

@MultiTech 

Here is a video I made showing how to setup join tables for my specific scenario:

My solution is two fold:

1. Create the join table, and use this as the source of your answers (when we need to know if someone is assigned to X project, we look at the join records - not the project record).
  2. Use an EnumList on the Parent table to make rapid data-entry easier, utilizing action looping to make/delete the corresponding join records.

The Enumlist is there for easy UX; the join records are there to hold the actual joining info.

Hope it helps!

Top Labels in this Space