Map View To Show Two Locations

I have data where a record contains two location columns - Collection Location and Delivery Location. The scenario is for a typical courier type app, in my case for Blood Bikes transporting blood and other medical products from one hospital to another.
Iโ€™m trying to create a map view that shows both the collection location and the delivery location for the selected job.

In the view definition I have CollectLatLong selected as the map column from the primary data table (actually a slice) and DeliverLatLong as the secondary data column but from the same data table (slice) as the primary data source.

This is only showing the CollectLatLong as a pin on the map. What am I missing to allow pins for both CollectLatLong and DeliverLatLong to show on the map?

0 2 149
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

In the map view I think you have the choice of a second data source.  Not sure if this works as you want though.

One idea...

You manage your deliveries with two tables.

DELIVERIES: delivery id, items you want to deliver, delivery date, status, etc

DELIVERY LOCATIONS:  id, ref to delivery id, ENUM indicating collection or delivery, latlong.

The trick is to make the inline view of DELIVERY LOCATIONS a map view instead of a table view.

This way the detail view of DELIVERIES table shows you both collection and delivery locations. 

TeeSee1_0-1666793781226.png

Press View and you get a wider map

TeeSee1_1-1666793861092.png

Click a pin to get details.

TeeSee1_2-1666793930570.png

Top Labels in this Space