Map app performance

Hello, 

Thank you for my post. 

I work for a homelessness charity and have developed an app to help map rough sleeping and begging spots across the cities we operate in.  As we gather more data the map is probably going to get pretty busy and could end up having a lot of pins, I would imagine this would make the app run more slowly. In an attempt to avoid this, I created a new status titled 'historical' and a slice to filter pins with this label from the map view. So any time a pin is changed to historical it is removed from the map, but in the backend this data is not lost.

My question is, will this work? Or would you recommend perhaps deleting all historical pins from the map and storing this data in a separate sheet not linked to the app?

Thanks

Ronan

Solved Solved
0 7 226
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When the security filter is added, there is no need to have that slice anymore.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

If possible, I would recommend to use a security filter instead of slice so the old data would not be sent to the user's device at all.

Could you please offer me advice on how to do this? I'm fairly new to appsheet.

Go to Editor > Security > Security filters > Select your table > Write a formula something like [Status]<>"Old". Though you need to use own column name and the status value.

Thank you for your help Aleksi. Would you suggest removing the slice I created earlier?

When the security filter is added, there is no need to have that slice anymore.

Once again, thank you for the help

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space